You Are On : Home | Depository
Berkeley Securities Ltd provides depository services through CDSL. We are depository
participants with the CDSL for trading and settlement of dematerialized shares.
We perform clearing services for all securities transactions through them. We offer
depository services to create a seamless transaction platform – execute trades and
settle these transactions. Depository Services is part of our value added services
for our clients that create multiple interfaces with the client and provide for
a solution that takes care of all your needs.
What is DEMAT Account?
“ DEMAT Account = Share Bank”
A Depository is like a bank where securities are held in electronic (dematerialized)
form. In India, there are two Depositories -National Securities Depositories Limited
(NSDL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).
Under the Depositories Act, investors can avail of the services of the Depositories
through Depository Participants (DP) such as Berkeley Securities Ltd.. DP's are
like bank branches wherein shares in physical form need to be deposited for converting
the same to electronic (demat) form.
To enter into the system you have to open a Demat account with a DP for which an
application in the prescribed form is to be filled and signed by the applicant along
with supporting documents for different categories of Demat accounts.
In our continuous endeavor to offer best of the class services to our customers
we offer the following features:
Speed & Easiest - You can transfer securities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Consolidation Demat Account: Dematerialize your physical shares in various holding
patterns and consolidate all such scattered holdings into your primary demat account
at reduced cost.
Corporate Benefit Tracking: Track your dividend, interest, bonus through
your account statement.
Mobile Alerts: Receive SMS alerts for all debits/credits
Dedicated customer care: Executives specially trained at our help desk, to
handle all your queries.
Competitive charges: You will find our service charges very competitive -
offering the best value for your money.
Types of accounts
- Resident individual
- Corporate & Clearing member account etc
Below mentioned documents are acceptable as Address proof & Bank proof:
- Individual recent passport size photograph(s)
- Individual pan card (should be self attested)
- Individual identity proof * (if photo is not clear on Pan card)
- Address proof in the name of the individual
- Bank proof in the name of the individual
1. Address Proof:- Self attested Bank Passbook / Bank Statement accompanied
with original bank attestation by the bank along with bank official stamp and signature
/ self attested bank statement (original) along with original cancelled cheque copy
(bank statement should not be more than 2 Quarters old) / (Ration Card / Driving
License / Passport / Voter ID Card / Electricity Bill / land line telephone bill
(not more than 2 month old)
2. Bank Proof:- personalized Bank Cheque copy / Non personalized Cheque copy
accompanied with self attested bank passbook or self attested bank statement / Bank
Passbook / Latest Bank Statement (not more than 2 quarters old) / Banker verification
Proprietorship Firm Account
1. Proprietor Pan card
2. Address proof & Identity proof in the name of the Proprietor.
3. Address Proof in the name of the Proprietorship firm
4. Bank proof in the name of the Proprietorship firm
5. Declaration of sole proprietorship on letter head of the firm in the specified
1. Recent passport size Photographs of the Karta
2. Pan card of the HUF & the Karta
3. Address proof in the name of HUF
4. Address proof & Identity proof of the karta
5. Bank proof in the name of HUF
6. Declaration of HUF firm should be signed in the specified format for Trading
Account & DP accounts
Partnership Firm Account
1. Recent passport size Photographs of Authorized partners
2. PAN card of all the partners & the partnership firm
3. Address proof in the name of Partnership firm
4. Address proof & Identity proof of all the partners
5. Bank proof in the name of Partnership firm
6. Notarized Partnership Deed along with the list of partners duly certified and
attested by all the partners
7. Copy of the Latest ITR
8. Declaration of the partnership firm on letter head of the firm in the specified
1. Photograph(s) of all the authorized signatories
2. PAN Card Copy of the Corporate
3. PAN Card Copy for all authorized signatories
4. Address proof of the Corporate
5. Address proof of all the authorized signatories
6. Bank proof for the Corporate
7. Board Resolution on the original letter head in specified format required separately
for DP (available in the kit) & for Trading account
8. Certified true copy of MOA and AOA. This should be self attested and is required
separately for DP, Margin DP & trading accounts
9. Valid Certificate of Incorporation attested by authorized signatory
10. Certified true copy of Balance Sheet for last 2 years
11. Net worth certificate of the Corporate
12. Copy of ITRs for last two years.
13. Certified true copy of Annual Reports of Last 2 years
14. Banker’s Verification on Banker’s letter head certifying the signatures of the
15. List of director’s along with name, address and photographs to be provided along
with their signatures on letterhead of the company required separately for DP, Margin
DP & trading accounts.
16. List of Authorized Signatories along with their signatures & Photographs on
the company’s letterhead
17. Copy of latest shareholding pattern including list of all those holding more
than 5% in the share capital of the company duly certified by the company secretary/whole
time director/MD)(copy of the updated shareholding pattern to be submitted every
18. Form-32 along with ROC receipt in case of change in director.
19. Form-18 along with ROC receipt in case of company address change
1. Copy of valid passport
2. Foreign address proof
3. Bank statement of latest quarter of NRO account.
4. Rest all same as Individual account
1. Copy of valid passport
2. Foreign address proof
3. Rest all same as Individual account
Do’s & Don’ts
Before you open your account...
Get your account opening form details right…
- You can collect your account opening form from any of our branches or download it
from our site itself.
- As prescribed by Depository bye-laws, accounts have to be opened in the exact order
in which the name(s) appear on the share certificate.
- Remember that Holding pattern A B is not the same as BA. However, minor differences
like abbreviations, spelling mistakes can be ignored provided signatures recorded
with the registrar / company is the same.
After your account is opened……
- All columns are filled in. Write NA wherever not applicable.
- Bank account number with complete address and 9 digit MICR numbers are filled correctly.
This will facilitate effective disbursement of monetary corporate actions into your
- Signature of account holders are always in black.
- If you would like to receive credit of shares purchased directly into your account,
mark standing instruction as 'Yes'.
Now you are ready to operate your DP account.
- Once your account is opened, you will be allotted a client identity number. You
will be sent an operating kit containing
- Details of your account as recorded by BERKELEY GAINS .
- Copy of the agreement entered into with BERKELEY GAINS .
- "Delivery instruction by client" booklet allotted to your demat account. This booklet
helps you transfer shares from your account to broker account and other accounts.
Account Opening & Operations
1.Can I open more than one account with “BERKELEY GAINS” ?
Ans. Yes, you can open more than one account with “BERKELEY GAINS”. There is no
restriction on the number of accounts you can open with the same Depository Participant
2.Do I have to keep any minimum balance of securities in my account?
Ans. No, there is no prescribed minimum balance. You can have a zero balance in
3.Can someone else operate my account on my behalf on the basis of a power of attorney?
Ans. Yes, if you authorize any person to operate your account by executing a power
of attorney (POA) and submit it to us, that person can operate the account on your
behalf. If you have given POA earlier and now wish to operate the account yourself,
the POA has to be revoked by you in writing.
4.How do I register a change in my signature with “BERKELEY GAINS”?
Ans. You would have to make a request in writing. You would also have to get your
signature duly attested by your banker, with whom you hold the bank account that
has been specified for receipt of dividend.
1.Can I dematerialize all my depository eligible securities through the same account?
Ans. Yes. You can choose to have all your securities deposited in a single account
provided that the securities have the same holders.
2.Can odd lot shares be dematerialized?
Ans. Yes, Odd lot share certificates can also be dematerialized.
3.How do I demat shares with Pre-Marital / Maiden names?
Ans. In such cases you need to submit a certified true copy of the marriage certificate
along with the Demat Request Form (DRF), when you give your shares for dematting.
Also provide an attested new specimen signature.
1. Can I buy and sell shares through “BERKELEY GAINS”?
Ans. No, shares can be bought and sold only through a stockbroker. “BERKELEY GAINS”
helps in delivering the shares against a sell transaction or receiving the shares
for a buy transaction. You can open an account with Berkeley Gains to avail of
seamless trading and settlement.
2. Can I deliver dematerialized securities against an obligation in physical segment,
in all stock exchanges?
Ans. Yes, SEBI has permitted dematerialized securities to be delivered against obligations
in the physical segment at the stock exchanges connected to the depository.
3. Is the facility of delivering dematerialized securities in the physical segments
of the stock exchanges, available only for those securities that are to be compulsorily
sold in the demat segment of stock exchanges by institutions?
Ans. No, dematerialized securities of all the companies that are eligible for dematerialization
can be delivered against obligations in the physical segment. This also applies
to delivery against auction of securities in the physical segment.